What’s New for 2017:
- Individuals must possess or apply for a General Deer license in order to apply for a deer permit.
- If applying for an archery only permit you must purchase your bow & arrow license before submitting your application.
- All Elk B Licenses previously offered in Region 1 are now “antlerless elk permits.”
- Elk hunting in many HDs or portions of HDs in Regions 2, 3 and 6 now offer “antlerless elk permits” instead of, or in addition to, elk B licenses. If you seek to harvest an antlerless elk using an antlerless permit in those hunting districts, you must apply for an antlerless elk permit by March 15. The deadline to apply for elk B licenses is June 1.
- The application deadline for Montana’s deer and elk permits is MARCH 15, 2017.
- Good Luck & Good Hunting